Frankie Knuckles †

Re: Frankie Knuckles +

RIP Frankie. You were a legend and an amazingly talented person.

Re: Frankie Knuckles +

R.I.P.

Lebe jeden Tag als wäre es dein letzter.

Ein schönes Zitat:

'That was a few years later – I'd say 84 or 85. Derrick May and his friends would come down to my new club, the Power Plant. One night he was carrying a bag, and inside was something wrapped in a towel. I asked him what it was and he just said, 'Oh, I got you something very special – but you got to wait till the end of the night.'

"After I finished my set – which was about 11am the next day – we went into the booth and he pulled out a box with some buttons on it. I said, 'Wow! That looks great, but what the hell is it?' Derricksaid, 'This is a Roland 909 drum machine, and it's going to take us to the future. It will be the foundation of music for the next 10 years'.
http://www.matrixsynth.com/2014/04/rip-frankie-knuckles.html

Das darf mal so stehen lassen. Viel Spass da oben.

Traurige Nachricht. Ach meine Jugendjahre. Was für Emotionen. Das war so 82-88. Ich bin bis heute leidenschaftlicher Disco-Hoppser. Wir hatten hier in Zürich einen Laden mit einem Soundsystem, das sich gewaschen hat. Riemendreher mit einem guten Nagel. Als diese knisternden Chicaco-House Platten kamen. Das war echt der Himmel. Viel 808 und wummernde 303 auf Tape aufgenommen. Basta. Aber so was von intensiv ergreifend. Und das klang einfach fantastisch. Larry Levan, Marshall Jefferson, Knuckles usw... Für mich die beste Tanzmusik die je gemacht wurde. No way back...

Neueste Beiträge

News

Zurück
Oben