Probleme mit Roland MRS-2 Promars -- Hilfe! Bitte!

Hallo. Gestern ist einen Promars ins Studio gekommen mit sehr merkwürdige Probleme. Ich sag 'es mal auf Englisch, weil mein Deutsch nicht so gut ist:

It seems some of the sliders in the VCF section are affecting parameters they aren't supposed to. For example, the HPF slider is affecting the VCF ENV MOD and the VCF ENV DECAY slider is affecting the LFO amount to the VCO! What the --?! Something is definitely not right.

The HPF slider continues to engage the VCF ENV MOD until about 3/4's of the way up, at which point it breaks down into chaotic noise. If I move the VCF ENV MOD to engage the filter envelope, nothing happens until about 3/4's of the way up, at which point it, too, breaks down into chaotic noise.

I love chaotic noise as much as anyone, but I would prefer to choose when to make it! :lol: Any ideas what may be the problem?

Vielen Dank im voraus (Antwort kann auf Deutsch sein -- ich kann lesen besser als schreiben ; )

Clark

Edit: Typos

Das ist nicht einfach. Leider finde ich kein Service Manual des Promars. Der Jupiter 4 ist sehr ähnlich, daher beziehe ich mich auf dessen Service Manual.

Es könnte sein, dass bei die Regler keinen Ground mehr haben. Es kann das Ground-Kabel gebrochen sein (Controllboard C Connector I12 -1 to MOtherboard Connector A4).

Es kann sein, dass auf dem Motherboard der Multiplexer (IC6, CD4051) kaputt ist.

Funktionieren denn die Presets?

Gruss, Florian

Erstmals, vielen Dank Florian für die schnelle Antwort. Nein, einige Presets funktionieren nicht richtig. Ich habe auch nur die JP-4 Service Notes und beim kalibrieren habe ich mal versucht den "Voice" Preset abzurufen, ohne erfolg. Ich meine, man hört wohl etwas, aber nicht was man hören sollte!

Wenn die Presets auch nicht richtig spielen, was heißt das? Ich fürchte 'was schlimmes... :sad: .

Gruß,

Clark

stiefelmusik schrieb:
Wenn die Presets auch nicht richtig spielen, was heißt das? Ich fürchte 'was schlimmes... :sad: .

Elektroschrott :?

Nein im Ernst, hast du mal reingeschaut ob alle Steckverbindungen, Kabel ok sind. Bei meinem JP-4 war auch schon mal ein Kabel locker. Und das führte zu den ulkigsten Fehlfunktionen.
Ansonsten kann ich dir per Ferndiagnose auch leider nicht weiter helfen.

stiefelmusik schrieb:
Hallo. Gestern ist einen Promars ins Studio gekommen mit sehr merkwürdige Probleme. Ich sag 'es mal auf Englisch, weil mein Deutsch nicht so gut ist:

It seems some of the sliders in the VCF section are affecting parameters they aren't supposed to. For example, the HPF slider is affecting the VCF ENV MOD and the VCF ENV DECAY slider is affecting the LFO amount to the DCO! What the --?! Something is definitely not right.

The HPF slider continues to engage the VCF ENV MOD until about 3/4's of the way up, at which point it breaks down into chaotic noise. If I move the VCF ENV MOD to engage the filter envelope, nothing happens until about 3/4's of the way up, at which point it, too, breaks down into chaotic noise.

I love chaotic noise as much as anyone, but I would prefer to choose when to make it! :lol: Any ideas what may be the problem?

Vielen Dank im voraus (Antwort kann auf Deutsch sein -- ich kann lesen besser als schreiben ; )

Clark

sound much like there's a loose voice card, it is important in the Promars and Ju4 to check the CONNECTORS and to fix them all and check them. The Noise-Thing sounds stranger to me, could be the Fader. Can you check it?
The Promars is not so well built when it comes to anything that has to do with fixing things together, I always suspect them and almost found all probs caused by that..

Thanks again for everyone's help so far. Checking all the connectors was the first thing I did. I did find one loose connector and thought "Yes! Got it! That was easy!" ... but unfortunately, that wasn't it.

I will go back through and check them all again, including the voice card. Otherwise, the machine is in excellent condition.

@RetroSound -- Noch einen eBay Kauf schief gegangen! Mensch! Oh, the joys of eBay!

I was so looking forward to making some Compuphonic Rock this week with the Jupiter-4, Promars and CR-8000. :sad:

News

Zurück
Oben