SYNTEC, EEH, SSB & BANANA POLYSYNTH QUESTION & RESEARCH.

Hello there dear fellow SynthFreaks,
I was wondering in which way did those people companies did connected :
- 'Synthesizer Studio Bonn' had developed the Synthanorma ssequencer,
- 'Elektronic Engineering Hoffman' made the CM2, CM4 and EEH DS500,
- There were separate synth modules by 'SYNTEC' - see here :

So did all they cooperate together to make the BANANA POLYSYNTH ???

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
That's the PPG 300 formerly owned by the late Armin Stöwe. Used it as a backdrop for the Labels of my 2017 LP release sychronize or die:

R-11630906-1520946726-1455.jpeg.jpg

Looks fairly impressive, huh?

Stephen

Hello there dear fellow SynthFreaks,
I was wondering in which way did those people companies did connected :
- 'Synthesizer Studio Bonn' had developed the Synthanorma ssequencer,
- 'Elektronic Engineering Hoffman' made the CM2, CM4 and EEH DS500,
- There were separate synth modules by 'SYNTEC' - see here :
So did all they cooperate together to make the BANANA POLYSYNTH ???
Thomas Hopf of EEH has been here to comment on the CM4 and making a new one -
he's here #121 - don't know if here's still "here".
EEH ist the Manufacturer of these - so the CMs are not make or created by the Synthesizer Studio but the Banana was. So here's the connection - it's the concept and creation of the Synth by Synthesizer Studio Bonn, the other ones are by Thomas Hopf under another name.

I am sure Dirk can sort this out a lot better than me.

Thanks,
in fact I have read Dirk's recollections about the Banana - he had post on the Matrixsynth blog back in the day.
I'm trying to clarify if SYNTEC is really involved on the design (say, SYNTEC designed the voicing, EEH did the digital part and the programming and SSB marketed the product - is just a speculation of mine !!!)

The question remains : who were the people behind SYNTEC ? :)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
to me knowledge: no, but Dirk is available and I am sure he will answer you - at FB and maybe here..

Synthanorma was made by HJ Wiechers, Dirk was more conceptional since he is not a tech, but knows how an interface should look like - and constructing the Banana was more up to the SSB people but building it was more EEH.

but - to be sure - just ask him or them..

Looks like SYNTEC was releasing Sample CDs (i.e. Wall of Sound series) and stuff like the Syntec CD-Copycard SCSI 1:1. Check out the online magazine archives from Keyboards and Sound&Recording for these kind of questions. Maybe you are lucky...

Roger W. Ader has some material online about Syntec:

Ich finde ja auch "Tanzverbot" für einen Synthesizer gut. Mein Freund Wolfgang meinte, das sei auch ein sehr guter Name für eine Frisur.

Beim Friseur.
Guten Tag, der Herr. Was kann ich für Sie tun?"
"Guten Tag. Bitte ein mal Tanzverbot."

English please good Sirs ! :)
There are analog synth modules with the tag SYNTEC and various code names for the modules - for example :
"401 VCF" !!!
How do you explain this ? Unless they are the guys worked for the Banana synth along with the people from Electronic Engineering Hoffmann :)

Ich hätte die Firma "Eisenheim" nennen sollen.

Dirk, du hast doch ein riesiges Netzwerk, da würde sich doch einer finden der einen aktualisierten Banana wieder aufleben lassen würde, der Markt scheint ja wieder da zu sein.

Dazu die 49er Variante unter dem Namen „Pflauma“, 37er Mini Keys unter „Erbse“.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
@Dirk Matten
Ach komm schon Dirk,
Ich sehe schon die Werbung vor mir:

Du vor einem Stapel Kartons mit dem Mini Banana aka „Erbse“, selbst hälst du zwei Kartons in der Hand.

Bildtitel:
„Der Erbsenzähler holt ihnen auch gerne zwei runter“

Alles irgendwie schon mal dagewesen und doch neu - die Banana Serie wird DER Hit!

that ppg:
image.pngimage.png

more..

and

scroll down - even with German lettering...

PPG_modular0196.JPG

etc..
and
here's another ppg 300

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Neueste Beiträge

News

Zurück
Oben