The Modular Chronicles

T

thezodiac

long time no see - Klicke Reset Passwort
Hi everyone !

I hope this doesn't sound spammy as there is nothing worse !

As of yesterday I started a modular synth project on Kickstarter. It is a concept series of records that I hope to do that will feature various modular synths. I am looking to find 300 odd people to pledge on kickstarter and then will give me funding to make the album and print up vinyls etc.

If you have a moment to have a look and if it's something that interests you .. pledge it or send to your mates or synth enthusiasts alike.

Here's the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/the ... s-volume-1

Cheers !

Jim

Super Idee!
Ich sammel 5000 Pfund ein, kauf mir davon ein Modularsystem und ein Abo vom Pizza-Bringdienst, und dann nehm ich 'ne Platte auf, und je mehr Kohle ihr mir überweist, desto mehr Werbematerial kriegt ihr von mir.
Warum ist MIR das nicht eingefallen?

Auf Indiegogo kann man für 100 Pfund in einem Zombiekurzfilm als Zombie mitmachen, das finde ich deutlich reizvoller...

Schöne Grüße,
Bert

habe ne weile drüber nachgedacht und da ich ja seit eineiger zeit meine ganze technik wieder verkaufe um mir einen synth und n release leisten zu können wäre das jetzt der ideale moment um das als outsourcing einfach jemand anderem machen zu lassen. für die idee bekommt der noch meinen dispo dazu ...

Hi everyone .. Sorry for if this sounds like a really silly idea ... however I hope to be able write an in depth technical tutorial to give non-modular and junior users a education into this way of working. I would totally finance the project if I could myself, sadly not at this time. So I hope with this way even with £1 would massively help...
All the best
Jim

Feinstrom schrieb:
Super Idee!
Ich sammel 5000 Pfund ein, kauf mir davon ein Modularsystem und ein Abo vom Pizza-Bringdienst, und dann nehm ich 'ne Platte auf, und je mehr Kohle ihr mir überweist, desto mehr Werbematerial kriegt ihr von mir.
Warum ist MIR das nicht eingefallen?
da magst du drüber lachen, aber das hat kürzlich eine indie-musikerin ziemlich genauso gemacht und so über 1 million $ eingesammelt.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/2/305928 ... r-finishes

Die Dame ist allerdings kein unbeschriebenes Blatt, ganz im Gegensatz zum OP.

Der von Dir verlinkte Artikel sagt ja auch sinngemäß, dass mit dem Beispiel von Frau Palmer zwar bewiesen sei, wie gut Kickstarter für ehemals bei einem Major-Label unter Vertrag stehende Künstler mit einem gewissen Grad an Bekanntheit funktionieren könne, es aber abzuwarten bleibe, ob es sich auch für Anfänger oder Newcomer eigne.

thezodiac schrieb:
I hope this doesn't sound spammy as there is nothing worse !
Frankly, it does "sound spammy" in my ears, for several reasons.

First, this forum is – amongst other things – about sharing knowledge about synthesis in general and modular synthesizers specifically for free. Even the more knowledgable users (i.e. the ones who have written books or published video tutorials on these subjects) contribute for free, whereas your first post is an advertisement & funding request for your own commercial enterprise. Its purpose is to raise money so you can record some music with your modular synthesizer, perhaps expand it, and everybody who gave you money will get this music in return.

Second, the "in depth technical tutorial to give non-modular and junior users a education into this way of working" that you mention in your second post is not included in the offer, unless this is refering to the "weekly email newsletter from 'The Zodiac' outlining production updates and videos during the recording process". But if your video example on Kickstarter is meant to be an example of these video updates or even an "education into this [modular] way of working", it leaves quite some things to be desired, for example: proper lighting, clear camera focus on the controls being turned, subtitles explaining how controls being turned relate to sound changes etc.

Third, the rules of the forum ask for an introductionary post and at least some meaningful participation in the forum (e.g. sharing knowledge), so that people get to know you and your skills. So the first post being a commercial interest could be considered disrespectful to the community. Same goes for first posts that have "gear for sale" or "looking for gear" content. I should mention in this context that although we live in a globalized world, it is a safe guess to say that about 99% of the communication in this forum takes place in German language, which might make addressing your target audience a bit of a challenge.

So unless you can & want contribute just for the sake of the community, you might want to look for other places more suitable for your enterprise. Nevertheless, I can see nothing bad in trying to do what you do, so I wish you good luck!

Und für 15 Pfund kommt man auch schon in den Film - als Portrait mit Namen auf einer Fotowand der im Kampf gegen die Zombies Gefallenen!
DAS nenn ich Gegenwert!

Schöne Grüße,
Bert