List of Synthesizers with fast LFOs (so to speak MG)
FASTEST LFOs / MODULATION GENERATORS
- Yamaha CS series.. excl. cs01
@ 50hz CS15,CS30, CS40m, CS80 etc. - all Yamaha FM Synthesizers (fixed freq. OPs moding other OPs) or the normal LFOs of any FM synth from yamaha - goes up to about <50Hz
Minimoog, ems synthi A /AKS /VCS3 (500hz) - the "LFO" is similar to OSC3,
- so the ARP 2600 counts in ,too
- and other gear like steiner parker synthacon etc. that use the 3 VCO, 3rd is mod for VCO1+2-concept from the 70ies. (OSC speed)
- MFB synth I+II,synth lite + lite II + poly lite .. about 50-60hz. the synth II has VCO mod/fm anyway,so it is very fast mod lfo/vco.. but the envs are the slowest I ever had..
and juno1/2 + mks50 also works at about 40-50hz (apprx./estimated) but the speed resolution is steppy..
Waldorf Microwave XT / Xtk and Microwave 2 (100Hz)
Korg Electribe SX und MX..
- Vermona Perfourmer (app.75hz)
- and most modular systems - since you can use an oscillator as LFO.. but some systems have LFO Modules with high speed such as the TMSS (theiss) or my "HelLFO" I am using in my moog (quad DIY LFO) ;)
and the SemtexI should say SCI Sixtrak ,too.. but it's range is digitally "reduced" (for its low number of steps/resolution per parameter)by looping the envelopes, you can built a very fast LFO, such as FM7 or the Andromeda (the a6 LFOs are very slow, but the env's aren't)