Summer Namm 27-29.July 2007
whats new in Austin, Texas? post it here.. opening soon. Summer NAMM is not open to the public.
Winter NAMM Show - New Gear & G.A.S. attacks? + GEAR released / shown around NAMM time (18th Jan 07)
Drummachine Boomchick with Analog 4 Voice Section
- Images http://www.midizoo.com/namm/
- Image 2 http://www.sequencer.de/blog/synthesizer/2007/01/boomchik_poster_1342x0846.jpg
-Roland VSynth GT (new Vsynth Keyboard)
New Features are:
- AP Synth - > looks like sort of Physical Modeling in real time. (NOT the jp8 / tb 303 emu)
- Lower/Upper Structure (Dual Layer)
- Voice Modeller (VC2) runs with AP Synth without switching / simulateously
- LINK http://www.sequencer.de/syns/roland/VSynthGT.html
- Roland MV8800
New Groovebox / Sequencer Replacement for ppl who want to do it all without a computer
- successor of MV8000
Moog Freq Box
- FM-Tool Moogerfooger
korg news http://korg.de/3071.html?&no_cache=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=869&tx_ttnews[backPid]=556&cHash=5245151f38
- Korg M3 Workstation - Oasys like, white, panel upright like radias
- most features of oasys are in here: sampling, al1, legacy?, wavesequence?
- also as a rack
- 16 track sequencer
- 48khz sampling, 256 MB, 16bit up to 320MB sample ram.
- KARMA and drum track/truck function
- Radias Sound Module optional (!) EXB-Radias..
- Touch Screen
- Kaoss Pad Function is in, too
- full TI via VST Plugin, Firefire and USB conncetions.
- -> http://www.sequencer.de/syns/korg/m3.html
- Korg r3 (Microkorg successor) -> http://www.sequencer.de/syns/korg/r3.html
- like Radias (sound engine) with same features incl vocoder audio sample function + 3 ENVs etc.
- sequencer/ Arper.. as microkorg (8 step arper)
- 8 voices
- 2 layers (radias has 4)
- 16 step modulation sequencer
- 37 notes (full size keys, velocity sensitive)
- Kaoss Pad Mini
- Mini Version of Kaoss Pad (Fx only, no Midi)
- battery driven
Studio Electronics -Code
- Multifilter analogue Synth based on the Omega8  with new Filter structure (access!)
- new set of knobs for editing all filters
- New TI os allows formant and grain tables based on wavetables (no samples, of course), more wavetables.
amazing feature update.. http://www.sequencer.de/syns/access/VirusTI_Polar.html
- Sharc based DSP Synth with all VA Synth in it that you know of (Moog Modular, CS80, Prophet V and the new Jupiter 8 emulation..)
- Knob interface / big display
Dual Manual Organ.. so no synths..
- Stromberg Synth - http://www.sequencer.de/syns/waldorf/Stromberg.html
- quite Q structure but with analog filters (attached to the rear: per voice / valves .. ) but it reads all formats of all previous Waldorf products + has Wavetables (lots) plus Physical Modeling (!)
and watch this for info: http://www.sequencer.de/blog/?p=1554 I hope this guy doesn't mean the comb filters with impulse trigger is meant to be "physcial modeling" and the wavetables with 2-4 ADSRs replaces the XT with its 8 level-rate envelopes.. but we'll see, he said COMPATIBLE / can read the sounds of it.. so.. - Blofeld (same in mini desktop, no midi out here ca $500, don't know if it's exactly the same) http://www.sequencer.de/syns/waldorf/Blofeld.html
- Q will get new filter models!
- Hardware and basic software from Stromberg and Blofeld is different
Interview Stefan Stenzel: http://musotalk.de/archives/106
- Q series continued as phoenix (changed colour)
- E-Piano named Zarenbourg (big case, looks very 70s)
- Q will get new filter models! / Q bekommt mehr Filtermodelle
- Hardware and basic software from Stromberg and Blofeld is different /Der Blofeld ist defnitiv andere Hardware/Software
- Zarenbourg ist (fast) vollpolyphon - wurlitzer, rhodes (und CP70 in Planung), für den Möbelmarkt *g*
- Zarenbourg heißt er übrigens, weil das Axel Hartmann "so" einfiel, Q Serie ist limitiert. und definitiv kann der Stromberg auch Microwave abspielen (!!) yepp!! Gut! Stimmen erweitert max 100 (dyn) Stimmen.
KOMMT: 3 Quartal 07, Zarenbourg Mai (ende), Blofeld: Musikmesse
- Arturia Jupiter 8 Emulation (to run on Origin also)
- Korg Legacy: Monopoly Emulation added.
- Native Instruments Massive 1.1: VA Oscillator Mode with PWM and Sync and new presets added.
- Reason 4 + New Synth "Thor" which is semimodular with modulation matrix 16 step sequencer, 3 OSCs with Wavetables, very Waldorf.
- Plan B - new modules
- Doepfer - new modules
- Tascam new mini transport controller (shuttle) http://www.sequencer.de/blog/?p=1535
- Alesis 2 new controllers for mixing http://www.sequencer.de/blog/?p=1535
- Korgs new Mixers also work as Midi Controllers Zero4 + Zero8 http://www.korg.com/gear/prod_info.asp?A_PROD_NO=Zero8