Android Audiointerfaces?

M

Matthias Wenzel

Hey ho,

Wie ist da der Stand der Dinge. Gibts schon was brauchbares oder heisst es abwarten?

Wie ist der Stand heute so?
Ich habe jetzt mein erstes Smartphone bekommen: Samsung Galaxy A20e. :agent:
Der eingebaute Lautsprecher ist zwar mono ( :shock: ), der KH-Ausgang wird aber wohl stereo sein.
Aber einen Audio-Eingang hat das Ding wohl nicht, außer eingebautem Mikrofon, oder?
Für Audio-Eingang wird wahrscheinlich ein externes Interface benötigt, richtig? :agent:
Naja, eigentlich habe ich bloß ein neues Telefon für unterwegs gebraucht. Aber vielleicht geht mit dem Ding auch mehr als Telefonieren + Internet (auf dem sehr kleinen Bildschirm :twisted:). :agent:

Technischer Background von Paul Davis - dem Ardour Entwickler - zu Android Soundsystem:
Android not using ALSA was because the Android team didn’t understand ALSA. It had nothing to with ALSA’s actual design or implementation.
[...]
I know the people involved with the Google Android audio stack development. We have had discussions. I believe (strongly) that they have made a fundamental design error, and have explained to them why I think this. There is an audio/MIDI API that is used in a consistent form across mobile and desktop platforms, and that is CoreAudio (that said, the iOS use of it is requently VERY VERY different from the MacOS use). That API (both versions) looks absolutely nothing like OSS, and everything like a pull-model (callback) API such as ASIO, JACK etc. I know why the Google team did what they did, and I think it technically wrong and continues to explain (in part) why Android is so far behind iOS for pro/prosumer/creation music apps. (The bigger reason is related to Android audio hardware, which is incredibly non-standard and generally incapable of low latency operation at the hardware level).

You apparently don’t understand the difference between the push and pull models I’ve described at all. Let me try one more time: in a push model, the application decides how much audio data it wants to write/read to/from the device, and when, and the audio stack has to make that happen. in a pull model, the device decides how much data it needs to be read/written, and the application(s) have to deal with that. The pull model is used by all pro-audio/music creation APIs on every platform. No exceptions. ASIO, CoreAudio, WinRT, JACK, and several more.

Das wäre eher was
da "echtes" Linux mit ALSA{/Jack}.

Technischer Background von Paul Davis - dem Ardour Entwickler - zu Android Soundsystem:

Das wäre eher was
da "echtes" Linux mit ALSA{/Jack}.

Vgl.: https://superpowered.com/superpowered-android-media-server

Bleibt trotzdem eine Bastellösung. Allein aus kostengründen fällt das hinten runter. Die paar Start Ups, die sich damit auseinandersetzen, werden vom Markt verschwinden oder als entusiastische Hobbyentwickler eben solange dabei bleiben, wie es Zeit und Wohlfühlfaktor zulassen.

• Zustimmung
M.i.a.u.: khz
Android ist kein Linux, Android ist ein Google frickel ~(Reste)Linux, wo noch ein Hauch von Linux übrig geblieben ist.

Neueste Beiträge

News

Zurück
Oben