Synths in Knight Rider - Welcome to the 80s

Pete1

Pete1

||||
Hallo zusammen!

Neulich lief mal wieder eben jene Serie und dabei sind mir ein paar Sounds aufgefallen, die ziemlich charakteristisch dafür sind.

Ich nenn sie jetzt mal "Achtung: Jetzt wirds spannend!" - Sounds.

Schon wenn man die hört, ploppen vor dem geistigen Auge / oder Ohr die 80er auf, dass es nur so scheppert.

In dem verlinkten Video ab so 0:30 min. Man hört einen Bass-Sound und auch ein Drumset - dahinter auch noch ne E-Gitarre.

Hat wer ne Vermutung, mit was das gemacht wurde?

https://youtu.be/0CV9PRn-j_Y?t=24

Hier gibts Infos dazu:
That's correct and I'm pretty sure I was the one who wrote the post on that forum.

I got the info from Stu Phillips, and Ralph Grierson has confirmed to me that he did play the "arpeggiated" riff live using a Jupiter-8.

Here's what Grierson said: "I had a Jupiter 8 for the basic sequence type sound which I did play live. I probably had a CS80 as well as a Rhodes Chroma."

and a quote from Phillips:
"There were four synthesizer players on the KR theme session. Each player had several keyboards. I cannot recall all of the instruments that were utilized, but I'm certain that Roland, Oberheim, Moog were among some of instruments used. I personally had a Jupiter-8. One of the first models made. I still own it. Three of the players on the date were Ralph Grierson, Mike Lang and Ian Underwood. I can tell you that the 16th note figure that opens the theme was played by Ralph Grierson and was not sequenced, but played live."

Phillips didn't explicitly mention the OB-X and minimoog but I do know that Ian Underwood used to use both synths at the time (he also had a Rhodes Chroma but that might have been a year or so later).
Underwood and Mike Lang were also using the Prophet 5 at the time so I'm pretty sure it saw some use on the show as well.

Hope this helps

Micke

Der Bass scheint ja dann einfach ein ganz klassischer elektrischer Bass zu sein und gar kein Synth.

Irgendwie hatte ich die Assoziation, dass der ähnlich zu dem wäre, der in der Serie Seinfeld regelmäßig auftaucht.
Weil das auch so ne 80s Serie ist.
Das ist aber ein anderer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u41Y4vgFVAU

News

Zurück
Oben