Proteus 2000 Users -- help!!!!!

C

Canuck

Hi all,

I'm in Toronto, Canada, and new to this forum. Thanks for allowing me to post.

I'm having a problem with the operating system of my E-mu Proteus 2000. The latest OS offered on www.emu.com is v2.26. Unfortunately, it has a bug in it which will not allow it to receive SysEx messages properly (as documented in the MidiQuest editor/librarian, see www.squest.com).

So ... I am looking for anyone who can send me Proteus 2000 OS v2.24 or earlier!!!

I have contacted E-mu directly and they no longer support the P2K, but referred me to several repair techs, one in the U.S. and one in England. I contacted both of them -- and got an older OS v1.24 from the one in the UK.

I'd really like to get a newer version of the OS, as the number of Z-plane filters was updated from 17 to 50!

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Best regards to all,

-Wayne

P.S. Sorry, for having to speak English. I might have managed to write in French, but I don't speak German. 8)

:hallo:

I might have an older OS @home as I'm owning a Command Station.

Please write me a PM to remind me of that.
Might make sense to include your e-mail-address so that I can sent you the OS when I have it. :idea:

Update:
I've found a file named *200* so I guess this is the OS 2.00.
Until now I've not updated my XL-7 to V2 so it doesn't help looking at it.

Hi guys,

My sincere apologies for not showing up for several weeks. I thought I had checked the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box. Evidently I had not, and was waiting for notifications in my e-mail which never showed up. :oops:

However, when Ewen PM'd me I did get an e-mail, so here I am.

Thanks to you both for your replies to my request! :D

Ewen,

If you re-read my initial post you will see that v2.26 will not work in my situation, along with the explanation of why. According to the people at www.squest.com it does not handle SysEx correctly. I need v2.24 or earlier. Thanks for PM'ing me though.

sonicwarrior,

Thank-you very much man for your attempt at helping me, even though I was not around (see my explanation above). I will PM you immediately, and would be very grateful if you could send me the file.

Very best regards to you both,

- Wayne

Unfortunately I only have the Command Station OS 2.00.
I thought it is the same as for the Proteus 2000 family but that is not so.

Sorry.

Hi sonicwarrior,

That's ok.

I do very much appreciate your making the effort though. 8)

Regards,

- Wayne

P.S. So I still need P2K OS v2.24 or earlier. Anybody?

i found my old emu os upgrade CD and there is OS version 2.21. for the proteus2000.
so i can send the file as email-attachment, if you like. need your emailadress for this - please via privat message (because of spam).
do you also need the OS-downloader as WIN or MAC-Version. If not, the zip-file is only 1,5mbyte (there also some older version and OS for the proteus1000). With OS-downloader, the zip-file is 16Mbyte.

Hi Everyone,

This is my final report for those interested in how it all worked out -- and to help anyone who might be having a problem updating their P2K OS.

First, let me publicly thank cleanX for his help. We communicated by PM and e-mail. He sent me OS v2.21. Yesterday I successfully installed it in my Proteus 2000. So thanks again, Carsten!

Note that I said the OS install was successful -- I didn't say it was easy. The whole thing involved three different computers and two days of installing and uninstalling the E-Loader application, various versions of Java and MIDI drivers, as well as attempting the OS download somewhere between 50 and 100 times while adjusting the SysEx Packet Delay time in the P2K.

I'd prefer not to write out all the ugly details again, so for those interested in attempting the P2K OS update yourselves, if you don't mind checking out another forum you can follow this link to get the whole story:

http://studio-central.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=55700 :)

BTW, when you get to the top of the page at Studio Central you'll see another link which gives you some background on using E-Loader 1.1.

I just finished testing the P2K in the Midi Quest editor/librarian. I was able to upload all the ROM and RAM banks to the computer and open an editor for any patch. It works! :D

Thanks again to everyone here for being so responsive to my needs. I do appreciate it very much.

See you around. 8)

-Wayne

Hi! I' m have a problem with proteus 2000 update too. Please give me update 2.24 or earlier.

looks like emu stopped support/host .. they DO still have a "non pc hardware support" but no files found, so you may need some1 who still has it somewhere.

Neueste Beiträge

News

Zurück
Oben