Symbolic Sound Kyma , Capybara, Paca/Pacarana, Umgang und Meinungen

Moogulator schrieb:
sure, till then you can do some music & sounds on the dino system to sound like something new..

same with andromeda: price then: 4444€, price now: 2k€ .. what , if the price dropped - does it sound different now?..

sound furniture vs. simply making music..? kyma doesnt look "cool".. thats true, and DSPs are also not "cool".. but till it can be called old fashioned you can make the music.. to me it is not so important if the machine can be sold afterwards.. money sucks.
I agree, and it's not about being able to sell the Kyma afterwards. But I'd just feel bad if I would get the Kyma right now for lots of $$$$ (and I can only do this right now, I'm not rich or anything), and within the year the system would be completely overhauled. I don't know, it wouldn't feel as shiny and new anymore. That would suck big time for me.

ok, so it is more sort of "in your head" thing..
for symbolic sound it is a good protection against copying (reaktor!)
and their community is fine..

this machine is made for not-so-straight sound works..

imo it is not easy to do easy things, but it is easy to to complicated things on it.. thats my impression of the system itself btw.. with 4 cards it works quite fine already..

actually there's nothing more i can do with my 10 additional DSP cards (=24 DSPs altogether) you can't with a basic system. you just have to "freeze" more often. do you have the kyma book? the principle is well explained there.

no, i didn't pay the listed price, btw. got it pre-owned, together with an additional I/O card (->8 in, 8 out).

currently i don't use the system. i'm much more into full analog modular synthesis or max/msp. but i know time will come to use it extensively again. it's definitely a keeper for me.

Moogulator schrieb:
ok, so it is more sort of "in your head" thing..
for symbolic sound it is a good protection against copying (reaktor!)
and their community is fine..

this machine is made for not-so-straight sound works..

imo it is not easy to do easy things, but it is easy to to complicated things on it.. thats my impression of the system itself btw.. with 4 cards it works quite fine already..

I think I'll get in contact with Symbolic Sound and ask them straight away if and how they can help me with my 'problem'. I'm not expecting anything concrete, but you never know...

they don't answer questions of this kind. i tried. :roll:

i had the same issue as you have now about 2 years ago. they help you with everything but not with this kind of questions.
at the end you have to decide on your own - does the system as it is now suit your needs or not? can you live with its features as they are now?

if you say yes - go for it. now. you won't regret it. you know it. ;-)

they don't answer questions of this kind. i tried. :roll:
Yes I know, so did I a year ago. ;-)

i had the same issue as you have now about 2 years ago. they help you with everything but not with this kind of questions.
at the end you have to decide on your own - does the system as it is now suit your needs or not? can you live with its features as they are now?
Features are fine yes, it's the price. And it's not easy to score a secondhand system, since I don't trust ebay sales.

if you say yes - go for it. now. you won't regret it. you know it. ;-)
Having fun, yes? ;-)

Did any of you compare Kyma and MetaSynth?
I had a quick glance on the MetaSynth site, but I get the impression they still have a long way to go to reach the level of Kyma. No?

they are not so similar.. metasynth is more for offline suff.. the sound is different, too .. imo http://www.sequencer.de/syns/symbolicsound Kyma/Paca(rana)/Capybara sounds more "hi-end"..

I do not believe they will change the hardware that often.. if so: there will be an official "switch day".. surely--

Moogulator schrieb:
they are not so similar.. metasynth is more for offline suff.. the sound is different, too .. imo <a href=www.Sequencer.de/syns/symbolicsound>Kyma/Capybara</a> sounds more "hi-end"..
I had the same impression. Thanks!

wow beeindruckend .... mal erfrischend nicht Jordan Rudess damit spielen zu sehen d.h. katzendarmsimulation ;-)

mein senf dazu....

Für mich ist das Haken Continuum das sinnvollste was ich so z.Z. an neuentwicklungen sehe was die "menschlicheste" synth-schnittstelle angeht, da man die gewohnte 12 tasten umgebung hat plus variable dynamik des mutlitouch ribbon controller. Die möglichkeit mit dem druck der finger zu spielen und dabei das gewohnte 12ton raster zu verlassen ist schon beeindruckend.
variable druckstufen fehlen den heutigen "multitouch display" noch oder weiß jemand von eine entwicklung zu drucksensitiven "multitouch display" ?
ich vermute das man auf nem lemur nicht so wie auf einem klassischen instrument spielen kann , schon alleine wegen des auge zu hand delays ;-)

Bei Matrixsynth steht im infotext:
"No sound is generated unless you are moving your fingers across the Continuum surface (sometimes heating up your fingertips)."
:lol:

schaf schrieb:
variable druckstufen fehlen den heutigen "multitouch display" noch oder weiß jemand von eine entwicklung zu drucksensitiven "multitouch display" ?

Nicht direkt auf Fingerdruck, aber soviel ich weiss können die Wacom Tablets mit dem Stift die Druckstärke und sogar die Neigung des Stiftes erkennen.

ich habe nen watcom tablet ;-) das letzte von hal ehmm ibm :) sind gut zum zeichnen... aber so polymucke ala jazz ist damit nicht zu machen mit dem stift..

punky40 schrieb:
Das Mädchen muss sich dann wohl immer brav die fingernägel schneiden ;-)

Musst Du zum Klavierspielen auch!

schaf schrieb:
Für mich ist das Haken Continuum das sinnvollste was ich so z.Z. an neuentwicklungen sehe was die "menschlicheste" synth-schnittstelle angeht, da man die gewohnte 12 tasten umgebung hat plus variable dynamik des mutlitouch ribbon controller.

Höre Dir dazu auch mal folgendes an, v. a. das letzte Beispiel. Sind Beispiele mit Blaswandler:

http://www.pattysplanet.de/de/blog/midi-sax/

ACA schrieb:
schaf schrieb:

Nicht direkt auf Fingerdruck, aber soviel ich weiss können die Wacom Tablets mit dem Stift die Druckstärke und sogar die Neigung des Stiftes erkennen.

Wird in Kyma auch umgesetzt, gibts ein extra Tool.

Moogulator schrieb:
ACA schrieb:
schaf schrieb:

Wird in Kyma auch umgesetzt, gibts ein extra Tool.

Kann das Wacom auch analysieren in welcher Richtung man den Stift neigt, also so wie ein Joystick?

@ einton ok ich war zu ungenau...
blaswandler sind nix für mich, da ich kein blasinstrument beherrsche. ich finde selbst seiteninstrumente für meine finger unbequem(aua). vielleicht hätte ich mich genauer ausdrücken sollen das es mir um das typische keyboard umfeld ging.

Das Wort Compact und Petite deuten ja schon was an und das es schneller sein wird ist ist sowieso klar. Aber eben, nur ein Teaser.

Vorallem blöd wenn der Dollar wieder steigt.

Und ja, sollte natürlich warten und nicht waten heissen. Das kommt von zu viel Espresso.

Ich nehme mal an das die neue Hardware an der Namm im Januar vergestellt wird.

Bis dann hiesst es Kaffee trinken und weiter rätseln. ;-)

News

Zurück
Oben