Hardware Synthesizer -> Sysex -> Vst-Kontrolle -> ctrlr

Do have to register at google before feedback at this group ? In this case I would be out...

Is there an old Version of the Editor available ? Even it would be buggy it could be very usefull to create some Gui's and collecting the CC's for new Synthis.

Greetings
Zolo

Of course its simple. But I use to boycott google (inclusive the search engine). But this is an other topic and my personal problem... :nihao:

Greetings

The Ableton engine does not support incoming SYSEX. It has been this way since version 1, and they don't seem to change it. Even with max for live... I have asked the support about this before.

orgo schrieb:
The Ableton engine does not support incoming SYSEX. It has been this way since version 1, and they don't seem to change it. Even with max for live... I have asked the support about this before.
Ok, but ctrlr does send sysex OUT via a midi port you choose in the preferences, so it should work anywhere, also in Live, it works here, only there seems to be another problem with Live. I hope this problem will be identified (more or less) soon, to be able to adapt ctrlr for Live's "special behaviour".

I suppose Live made this decision against Sysex for simplifying the whole software and its programming. Supporting Sysex would mean having to care for all kind of hardware specifications... which they seem not to like, they should know better why? Probably there exist already external workarounds or solutions to be combined with or within Live?

Even if Live doesnt support Sysex... "midi cc's"-only-supporting plugins would be amazing enough :supi:

I've tested the Novation Plugin in Live 7 Suite and it loads now without crashing :supi:
But why the hell wants the plugin to connect to google ? (74.125.43.82 -> bw-in-f82.1e100.net ) :agent:

paranoid :) are we ?

i wrote on the google group i did a simple "check for new version" thinggy you can disable this in the preferences, what it does it checks it's md5 (the dll/exe file) against a md5 on the project site, if they're different it tells you there is a newer version. since i'm doing a lot of work on the engine this will happen often, that's why i wanted to autmate this.

feel free to disable it, it's just to simplify things.

you can enable logging in the preferences, you will see everything that's happenning (it will slow the program down, since it will be writing stuff to disk)
but you will see at some point (30 secs after start)

Code:
EdoUpdate::run checking for updates. Using url: http://ctrlr.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/MD5/NDSController_Win32.md5
EdoUpdate::run got response: F7CF0A34764D19DCE916E41D960980B8  ../Bin/NDSController_Win32.exe

EdoUpdate::run compare local: F7CF0A34764D19DCE916E41D960980B8 remote: F7CF0A34764D19DCE916E41D960980B8

and other stuff if you want to see what's going on. the log is in the application specific directory for a ctrlr on my win7 it's
C:\Users\atom\AppData\Roaming\NDS Controller each ctrlr will have a dir named after itself.

The MBase-Controller works very well ... I use it together with Ableton Live and the Akai APC-40, the 8 knobs fit perfectly to the APC (automapping works instantly). I often thought about to buy or build a Midi-Controller for the MBase, but now I don't need this anymore ... :)

greets, Bruce

Some new updates, the Mopho is ready the Evolver is comming along nicely, some news on the discussion list some new screens on the project page.

Maybe you know someone who would like to get involved in this, i'd love some help with Graphics or Code. If you are interested please post on the list.

best regards to everyone.

Zolo schrieb:
Aber ob es jetzt stabiler läuft ?
Einfach ausprobieren, bei Bugs die Infos an den Entwickler weiterleiten. Oder alternativ noch länger abwarten und darauf hoffen, dass andere diese Prozeduren durchlaufen.

Ich wäre erst dann komplett zufrieden, wenn ctrlr genauso einfach funktioniert wie Vsti-Plugins, d.h. inklusive

1. Presets auf dem Rechner per Klick und Namen eingeben abspeicherbar, z.B. als .fxp, und zwar direkt vom Edit-Puffer, nicht nur die Werte von der ctrlr-GUI
2. Presets werden im Host abgespeichert und beim Neuladen später wieder richtig geladen
3. Umschalten zwischen vorher abgespeicherten Presets per Program Change
4. Edit-Puffer sollte per Midi-Event abgefragt und im ctrlr-GUI richtig/aktualisiert dargestellt werden können, z.B. könnte man dann auch mehrere Input-Signale (mehrere verschiedene Controller, Wacom-Tablet, an der Hardware selbst, andere Editorsoftware, alle gleichzeitig!) an den Synthesizer schicken, wobei die ctrlr-GUI alle Veränderungen berücksichtigt, egal woher die Änderungssignale ursprünglich herkamen.

AU is now supported all Ctrlrs have AU VST and Standalone builds for MAC, Linux builds are comming soon, some new devices added (recently Clavia NordLead3 and Yamaha TX7/DX7)

also mein Evolver bekommt irgendwas aber es gibt keine Parameteränderungen.Sowohl im Standalone als auch im Sequencerbetrieb. :?

Matt van K schrieb:
also mein Evolver bekommt irgendwas aber es gibt keine Parameteränderungen.Sowohl im Standalone als auch im Sequencerbetrieb. :?

Dito.
Irgendwie scheint die Parameterbelegung nicht ganz zu stimmen,
war beim letzten Versuch von vor 1 Monaten jedenfalls der Fall.

Grüße

Beim Mopho ist es ebenfalls.
Kann das jemand bestätigen oder mach ich was falsch?
Hab es schon mit 2 verschiedenen interfaces probiert(System ist win xp 32)

Habe etwas geforscht, und bald könnte vieeeeel mehr Hardware dazukommen, die von ctrlr unterstützt werden. Vielleicht könnt Ihr hier reinschreiben welche Synths Euch aus dieser langen Liste mehr interessieren würden, da Ihr die schon besitzt. Nur Bernie würde vielleicht schreiben: Alle. :D

Gerade ist übrigens ein neues Update der V4 diese Projektes gekommen.
Mittlerweile ist die Liste der unterstützten Synth extrem lang geworden.
Und es gibt sogar zum ersten mal Linux32 Binaries. Gleich heute Abend mal testen, hoffe nur der AN1X ist mit drin :)

Neueste Beiträge

News

Zurück
Oben