Tetra LE Sound Editor run together with Ableton Live?

K

keplinger

Hi, guyz.
Today I have received a new DSi Tetra and i just trying run the audio sequencer Ableton Live (newest version),
together with the Tetra Le Sound Editor!
This seems not to work both at the same time, right?
I work with a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with Windows XP (SP3 I believe) and an RME Hammerfall card!
What i have to do that I can run with Ableton Live and the Tetra LE Editor together?
Thanks for answer...

keplinger schrieb:
Hi, guyz.
Today I have received a new DSi Tetra and i just trying run the audio sequencer Ableton Live (newest version),
together with the Tetra Le Sound Editor!
This seems not to work both at the same time, right?
I work with a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with Windows XP (SP3 I believe) and an RME Hammerfall card!
What i have to do that I can run with Ableton Live and the Tetra LE Editor together?
Thanks for answer...
What exactly do you mean by running the two applications "togehter"? You realize that the Tetra Editor is not a plugin for your DAW?

On Windows some Apps are Single-Client Apps, means only one has access to MIDI etc. - of course this isn't a "Windows Problem" but some simpler Apps still do :hallo:

What kind of Apps can help me, can you write me names and where can I find these apps? Thanks...

i don't have a tetra,
but i think i read that the solution is to go with to the editor via usb and for the notes via midi... sounds stupid, but it should probably work

not sure if 2 different ways of access like USB and MIDI will override the 1-client problem, if there is one. but I don't own that software, a tetra, maybe there's just the official one out so far and maybe users can confirm if it is 1 or multiclient?

I guess the RME Card is using the standard Windows MIDI Drivers that aren't multi client able, using an multi client able MIDI Interface should do. Other than that their might be a workaround possible like using MIDI Yoke as multi client able mediator between software and interface...

I have download the MIDI Yoke driver, but not installed...
What I want is easy, I want to work in Ableton Live with the Tetra via Midi, also working in the same time with the Tetra editor to operate the sound of the tetra.
But both the same time has not worked!
Either Midi works in Ableton Live, or you can work Midi with the Tetra Editor, both not go together (no matter whether via USB or Midi).
Perhaps the Midi driver for Windows is not capable Multiclient (like in a Mac).
What should I do? Install Midi York or would it be better if I also buy a second MIDI interface?
Is it easy to work with Midi York driver?
With my Clavia Nord Modular G1 plus editor, from the start that has worked fine!

Well, Tetras built in USB Interface is probably using windows class compliant drivers that aren't multi client able as well. According to the manual, Tetra is able to receive MIDI In and USB In simultanously, but the manual is also warning to use the two ports at the same time. So if you exclude the Tetra USB port from Live MIDI Setup I guess you should be able to use it for the editor safely as long as you don't let the sequencer send MIDI Data (Notes/CCs etc.) to the the synth at the same time.
I'm not sure what to recommend, since I don't know you're complete setup but using one big multi client able interface (except for the G1, that might need special care) and ignoring the non multi client able MIDI devices might be the best solution...
When it comes to multi client able interfaces I got rather good results with the interfaces from Edirol/Roland and M-Audio, some of them are even able to turn back to (non multi client) class compliant windows drivers in case you change to a new Windows Version while the drivers aren't updated.

I have a new Midi Interface (M-Audio Midisport 2 x 2 bought) and now the Tetra editor runs with Ableton together.
Unfortunately, cooperation with hardware and editor is not good, that's no fun!

keplinger schrieb:
Unfortunately, cooperation with hardware and editor is not good, that's no fun!

Between MIDISport and Tetra? Usualy Soundtower recommends M-Audio Interfaces, at least for the Little Phatty...

Just install and use Midi-Ox and Midi-Yoke, both together, not only one of them, and everything should work perfectly. Here is a simple signal flow diagram:

Code:
Midi outputting devices 1..N  -->  Midi-Ox, where all those inputs are routed to same single output  -->  Midi-Yoke Out 1  -->  Ableton Live and Tetra Editor and whatever else you like
The idea is never to access such devices directly, instead its routed output via Midi-Yoke.

News

Zurück
Oben