The original Sherman Filterbank (Version 1) is no longer being made (we are also sold-out) and is thus now completely being replaced by this new version !
The global look has remained the same, but there have been added several strong functions. To summarize :
* There are 5 extra NEW SWITCHES, 1 extra INPUT (for footpedal), 2 extra new LEDs, a NEW COLOR (silver-grey) with an improved (long-lasting) varnish layer.
* The inner electronics have also been adapted to achieve an EVEN BETTER SOUND-QUALITY
* We also do have new packing-boxes (silver, with photo on upper side), new flashy stickers (silver) and new adaptors (with Sherman-logo).
* All this with the famous solid SHERMAN-QUALITY and the well-known thorough & speedy AFTER-SALES service (repairs).
WHAT'S NEW ABOUT THE SHERMAN FILTERBANK 2 :
There are 5 extra switches and 2 extra LEDs, and on the back panel there's one pedal input jack. A reworked front-panel lay-out and the grey metal color.
* The pedal input allows foot control of freq1and bypass/effect switching. You can rewire an old wah (because they have a switch on board) as shown by te diagram in ‘extra stuff’.
* A 5mm big green LED indicates "Effect on" on the FB 2
* A 3-way switch on the input stage allows Hi boost as well Hi cut (both boosting high frequencies at input)
* Another 3-way switch allows "Sensitrig" (which makes the triggering twice as sensitive for, e.g. clean string pad filtering) and "Limit", which leaves the filters more "breathing room" for self-oscillation if the input stage is extremely overdriven.
* A 3-way switch has 2 general transpose functions : +1 Octave and + Quint which works nice with monophonic signals, and has a specific dirty character.
* A 3-way switch for the really powerful and quite revolutionary "Tracking" function - a monophonic pitch follower, that tunes filter 2 to the incoming pitch, and makes filter 1 slave of filter 2 via the harmonics switch. E.g. in position 2, filter 1 will be pitched one octave higher than filter 2, but still following the pitch. This extra switch activates the "tracking" in a normal or deep "track low" position, with stunning basses as result.
* The "revolutionary" aspect of this function is that never before any similar system enhances "on the spot" harmonics and creates new harmonics with fat analog circuits.
* An extra white LED indicates when the tracking system is "locked on".
* At last there is an 3-way function switch in the LFO section, allowing sawtooth wave shape OR AR retrig : this forces an LFO restart from the AR trig with pumping grooves as unavoidable result. If you want to receive a new brochure, please ask your dealer first.
The Sherman Filterbank is now also midi controlable via kenton control freaks
wobei die 2er auch noch immer genug räudig is, keine angst!
die limiting und eq switches die dazukommen sind zahlen sich schon aus, da bei der sherman ja eingangsstufe nicht von (ar und adsr) triggeremfpfindlichlkeit unabhängig einstellbar ist - was in meinen augen der einzige wermutstropfen an diesem genialen ding is!
aber so bist du ein bißchen flexibler in die richtung...