Wiard reissue von Serie 300 und Ende der 1200 Serie

Von Grant aus der Mailingliste:

Ich finde es schade das er nicht mit den 1200ern weitermacht. Dafür gibts die 300er wieder offiziell

---cut---
Grant Richter :

I'm have put the 300 series back in full production.

The 1200 series is still available until I use up the existing parts. I plan to
port the 1200
series design into 300 series packaging eventually. The Joystick and JAG will
stay just as
they are. It would make no sense to have those in 300 series cases.

The 300 series was never completely out of production, but I had switched my
main
efforts to the Frac-Rac format. I now think that was a mistake. I didn't want to
go head to
head with Don over the 200e, but now the Buchla product is mature enough that I
feel OK
placing my emphasis on the 300 series again. I wanted Don to succeed with the
200e.
Musical instruments is a field where if one company "defeats" another company,
the whole
culture loses out.

John Simonton intended the Frac-Rac format to be economical. John Blacet has
done a
absolutely brilliant job of executing designs in that format. But the Frac-Rac
doesn't have
the inherent infrastructure for the highest grade professional instruments. That
is not to
take away from the great modules already designed, or question the quality of
theose
instruments. A Blacet instrument is a superb economical instrument.

In my opinion the Frac-Rac aluminum is too light weight and the lack of fully
shielded
enclosures keeps them from achieving extremely low electrical noise. Because of
that, I
don't feel Frac-Rac modules should cost over $300 tops. That price point places
a limit on
the complexity of designs. To summerize, I like the Frac-Rac format a lot, and I
admire the
instruments already in that format. But it has become a limitation for new Wiard
designs.

I am hoping for some customer feedback. The goal of the 300 series is to have 12
unique
module designs, there are currently 8. These 8 modules already do almost every
kind of
synthesis known to mankind, so designing 4 new modules is no easy task. The
Envelooper
is one new design for certain.

What additional features would you like to see in the 300 series? Feel free to
speculate,
there are no stupid ideas. (Well, adding a Moog style transistor ladder filter
is a stupid
idea, the Boogie filter already blows that thin sounding design away).

Btw. Grant reagiert schon auf Mails. Manchmal muss man nachfragen, er ist ziemlich busy und übersieht schon mal was. Ist aber auch per Mail superfreundlich ... und kurz angebunden wie alle Amis ;-)

Die Nachricht über das Ende der 1200 Serie dürfte einen kleinen Kaufrausch ausgelöst haben, so wie sie Paul mit Kits am Ende überrannt haben. Grant ist momentan gut beschäftigt (ich möchte hier keine Details posten, im Vergleich zu vorher dürfte es bei ihm ziemlich rundgehen).

Sooo, bestellt brav 1200er Module und/oder mailt ihm das er diese weiterbauen soll, wäre schade drum. Und er wird sicher nicht böse sein wenn ihr dann doch ein 300er System kauft :)

Wenn ich mir die Cwejman Modulpreise ansehe und dann die Wiards dann sind letztere spottbillig. Selbst wenn er diese um 30-50% teurer macht sind die noch immer billiger und vielleicht für ihn interessanter.

Keep the 1200 Series alive and celebrate the return of the 300 (welches ja in Wirklichkeit nie richtig eingestellt war).

Allfällige zukünftige 1200er Interessenten sollten ihr Kaufinteresse auf der wiard yahoo List bekanntgeben, Grant ist dort recht aktiv.

ja, hab ich auch gemerkt, so ist das .. aber ich mag das blaue System, es ist kopakt und hochintegriert, es ist sicher eher Buchla als Moog Style, wie wir ja wissen.. Aber das find ich super, so hat man sehr viele Sachen auf kleinem Raum, sowas find ich gut, abgesehen davon dass es einfach gut klingt und gute FM kann.. das klingt in jedem System anders..

Neueste Beiträge

News

Zurück
Oben