Zynaptiq REPAIR Bundle (Unchirp, Unfilter, Unveil) vs Izotope RX ? Alternativen?

Caine

ich bin mal faul, ich hoffe es ist ok einen englischen text zu posten :).

atm im completing old material, remixing etc. some stuff cannot be remastered with layers as i dont have them anymore, also i test to improve the sound of some older demo tapes and also test some plugins which are also used for new mixing/mastering sessions.

- freiraum
- intensity
- elysia museq
- bx control just for mono mode aroun 150hz
- for tapes i try different elements from RX out and it got nice sounds as well.

im totally interested in GULLFOSS sadly only MAC! freiraum is superb subtely but many say GULLFOSS is real time and another world. sadly we have to wait for it ;-).

so my question to the REPAIR bundle and its components:

unchirp:
pretty specific plugin it seems, for "normal" mixing / mastering it seems to be not really useful? as you dont have artefacts normally when you mix ok, maybe for older restoration with tapes/mp3s it is useful.

1. i saw a video it can bring up transients as well, how is it compared to SPIFF? Unchirp shall remove watery effects so you should overdo it with SPIFF and filter out with unchirp? ;D
2. is RX featuring such a component? i couldnt find a good component like unchirp in it or am i overseeing it?

unfilter:
really nice, didnt know this but it is a learning/live eq and i first heard about it with SONIBLE and GULLFOSS, so i wonder how the quality is from the OLDER plugin Unfilter compared to the newer ones? any advantages with unfilter? or is it older and not up to date soundwise?

unveil:
wow! just wow, this thing sounds really great! SPL has also a de-reverb plugin but i think it sounds not so well as unveil so far what i heard/tested?
also gates dont have a great effect so far too what i tested.

as i got Izotope RX i wonder if for REPAIRING/RESTORATION the Repair bundle would be nonsense and if for mastering/mixing the Repair bundle would be still great or if it has better alternatives nowadays?

thx :tu:

News

Zurück
Oben