something new approaching, also synthtopia asks for the MS20 to come back in form of a real synth.. if so, I ‘d still answer the same when I saw that controller first- make this thing sound just as it is, add octave shift keys and program change and give it 4-8 voices polyphony and a nice double full blown envelope and FM for those OSCs and it could be something very very cool…The Korg MINI MS-20 Monophonic Synthesizer (NAMM Rumor) – it’s now confirmed, there IS a $599 MS20 analog synth coming
there’s 2-3 rumours about a 800€-synth that looks like the iMS20 controller – maybe analog, maybe digital up to 8 voices has been “leaked” via a south american site. – anyway – still a rumour (there’s talks about a new moog at NAMM 2013).
–> King Korg Digital Synthesizer in Synth Database.
and here is something to be added to the NAMM checklist..
3 OSC’ed something? or just a piano or just some dream of someone who has a nice paint app installed?
– XMT-modelling sound-engine – means some filter types, incl MS20, OB, Moog etc.. – all via OLED Minidisplays like the Mini KP2. And there’s a TB Filter as well. Looks like sounding fine. Digital, but flexible, so it’s not just a Radias-thing.. and split-concept, not like multimode, so this is for stages and being flexible and more “modern” since analog modeling this way may be cooler for most of us – and epianos/organs is in, too for those who want it, so it’s a SYNTH, not a Workstation. $1299
– max. 3 parallel oscillator-algorithms
– real tube circuit effect
– CV/Gate output
– 7 kg
– no price and/or availability yet
basically a reduced Radias (just one filter) and no step sequencer, but with CV/Gate.
well, there is no smaller keyboard version – that would be cool, so it’s 61 standard.. maybe better for the US buyers and more conservative oriented ones (sorry, players! no to be taken to seriously) ..?
- eXpanded Modeling Technology synthesis system
- 61 semi-weighted keys with velocity
- 24 voice polyphony
- 300 Programs (200 presets / 100 users), 8 categories
- Max timbre: 2 (Layer / Split)
- 3 oscillators (selectable types: analog, noise, DWGS, PCM and MIC IN)
- 127 types in total (analog & Noise: 64 + DWGS: 30 + PCM: 50 + MIC IN)
- 1 Filter (LPF, HPF, BPF)
- 18 filter types (LPF: 7 + HPF: 5 + BPF: 6 / Included modeling filter) <—-
- Modulation : EC: 2 units, LFO: 2 units, AMP
- Virtual Patch per timbre: 6 sets
- 3 Program effects (PRE FX, MOD FX, REV / DELAY) + 2-band EQ (2-band) + stereo TUBE
- PRE FX: 6 types (DISTORTION, DECIMATOR, RING MOD, GT AMP, AMP EP, TONE)
- MOD FX: 6 types (FLANGER, CHORUS, U-Vibe, Tremolo, Phaser, Rotary)
- REV / DELAY: 6 types (HALL, ROOM, PLATE, TAPE ECHO, MOD DELAY, DELAY BPM)
- 16-band vocoder with Formant Shift and Formant Hold
- Arpeggiator with up to 8 steps (step number can be changed), 6 types (UP/DOWN/ALT1/ALT2/RANDOM/TRIGGER)
- Joystick, octave up / down buttons, Category / Favorite button
- 16 x 2 character OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode)
- 128 x 64 pixel OLED subdisplays oscillator and filter sections
- Mic In | Connector Type XLR-3-31 (balanced)
- Audio Output L / MONO, R, TS phone jack (unbalanced)
- 3, 5 mm stereo mini-jack headphone out
- DAMPER PEDAL jack (no “half-damper” support), SWITCH / PEDAL jack
- CV / GATE OUT jack
- MIDI In and Out
- USB Type B
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 1027 × 313 × 96 mm
- Weight: 7.0 kg
- CV / GATE cable for Korg Monotribe and MS-20