Hier findet ihr Infos zur zweiten Staffel der re:natura Compilation!
The natural world is full of patterns, shapes, symmetries, fractals and other repeating structures:
Stunningly beautiful orchids, mesmerizing patterns on the Nautilus’ shell, branching of trees or the formation of dunes - all of nature’s manifold faces have not only been admired by poets and painters but also form a body of work to many naturalists and scientists.
Great observers and thinkers like Plato, Pythagoras, Johann Kepler, Alan Turing and Benoît Mandelbrot have described, analysed and studied symmetry, branching, spirals, chaos, waves, bubbles, tessellation and cracks.
While there are countless theories and interpretations, the “why?“ still perplex our minds, drawing us towards our spiritual side and the so-called sacred geometry.
In the second re:natura compilation, Ratio, we aim to present a diverse set of sonic interpretations on nature’s mathematics. Be it poetry , algorithms, sonification, euclidian rhythms or fractal music - we look forward to your personal artistic approach.
Submission are due Sunday, May 29, 2022:
Please adhere to our submission notes!
After a subsequent review, a selection of 6-10 titles will be compiled and published on our Bandcamp website.
The compilation is curated by our label - the selection will be made based on formal requirements as well as artistic quality and harmony with our self-image.
The entire proceeds of the compilation will go to the biodiversity program of Friends Of The Earth Germany.
if you have any questions about our project or your submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMISSION NOTES ( only via https://forms.gle/qNZMBF5Fpu5RZQ4g6 )
1. There are no fixed genre boundaries, experiments are welcome - have a look at our instagram profile and listen to our previous compilation to get a feel for our approach!
2. Your contribution should be created specifically for the common topic of the compilation and should not exceed 8 minutes.
3. Titles should be transmitted as non-mastered *.wav files (24-bit, 44.1 kHZ) (-9dB to -3dB)
4. The file name should contain ARTIST NAME and TRACK TITLE (ARTIST_TRACK.wav)
5. Please submit your contribution with commentary and contextualise your work:
A short description of your concept (100-300 words) is necessary.
6. You can find further inspiration and topic ideas in the announcement text above, on our instagram, through internet research, public libraries, documentaries, etc. We are also available for friendly enquiries via email@example.com
7. Please do not submit any previously published and / or copyrighted material.
8. Have fun creating!
re:natura is a non-profit artist collective, music label and experimental laboratory with a clear, shared vision.
In our work we explore animals, plants, landscapes, celestial bodies and natural phenomena in the critical tradition of naturalists and sound futurists. We are driven by our personal passion for sound and science.
Nature serves as a source of inspiration for our publications.
As non-profit artist collective, we’ve decided to donate all of our proceed to Friends Of The Earth Germany to support a healthy biodiversity.