Polysix - Arpeggiator - Hilfe bei der Fehlersuche

So what have I tried now:
I tried the reset adjust of the KLM-367 with plugging in a 56K ohm resistor and turning VR1 on KLM-367. It made some constant hissing noise when I turned VR1 counter-clockwise. But otherwise it made no change.
I then replaced IC's: IC30, IC26, IC34 (IC31 was already changed in relation to batteryrepair) and suspicius looking ceramic capacitors (C38, C39, C41). I then plugged the synth back and it is still acting the same way (no sound, most of leds lighting constantly). I then plugged the 56K resistor back in and turned VR1 counter-clockwise. And there is the same constant noise, but also sound generated when I press the keys. Actually I can see that all 6 voices are working as the diodes light up in turn. The synth does not sound right by no means and all the leds are still lightning up.
I wiggled the connections again hoping to find a bad connection - and the connection on KLM-366B coming from KLM-371 actually made crackling noise when wiggled. So I tested the wire and connector and also PCB, but did not find any bad connections. After plugging it back in I could not reproduce the crackling when moving the connector.
So what can I conclude so far?
That the assigner works? That the core of the synth is working as it produces sound?

Input is most welcome!

I guess I will study Vintagekorg.groups some more and maybe replace a few more IC's on KLM-367 as I am getting the hang of it :)

Input is most welcome!
Get an oscilloscope. This is the only way to see what happens really. Everything you are doing until now is "shooting into the fog".
With a scope you can see whether the CPU works at all, and with a scope you can trace whether kind of expected digital signals appear at the outputs of the various CMOS ICs.

You don't need something expensive. Even those single channel scopes for 10 Euros are enough for this task.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Neueste Beiträge

News

Zurück
Oben