Roland VS1680

Dieses Thema im Forum "DAW / Komposition" wurde erstellt von los vlados, 25. Oktober 2006.

1. los vlados

los vlados Tach

I have the Roland VS890 whit Effect Board instaled but i have the opurtuniti to bey a Roland 1680 sense the Effect Board and i wand to now if the Effect Board of VS890 is the same like the VS1680 and can bi my self a change the effect bord,to istall the effect board of my VS890 in the VS1680 or this can made only Roland.

2. ...as I know the VS890 is a 24 Bit System (8 Channel Version of the VS1880), so it should use a VS8F-2 Roland Effectboad (the VS880 for Example only can Use the VS8F-1 Board).

The VS1680/1880/2000/2400/2480 are using VS8F-2 Boards too, so there should be no problem.

Installing or changing the Board is very easy, just some screws and al little click by your fingers ;-)

You can install 2 Boards on the VS1680 so you have 4 Stereo to 8 Mono Effect Channels...

With a Firmware Update (Midi Dump) for the 1680 you can use the VS8F-3 Boards too, that can be filled up with 2 optional Software Plugins (e.g. Antares, Urei and so on...)......I prefered 2 of the VS8F-2 Boards...

EDIT:

Please check on the Roland Site (or on your VS890) if there is installed an extra Board, some VS Versions came out with integrated Effects, so I don´t know if there only came with the Board installed, or if there is installed something fix on the Mainboard...

3. los vlados

los vlados Tach

roland

thank you for the info. But i read thet the 1680 have 20 bit convertors and the 890 have 24bit maybe i look for the 1880 version.

4. ...yes, that´s right, I don´t know how much you can hear a difference. Iam only using the digital Inputs/Outputs, so I don´t care of that feature.
    Internal the 1680 still works with 24 Bit too.

The rest of the features between the 1680/1880 are nearly the same...the 1880 could be found not so often...and at least a bid more expensive...

I recorded long years on a VS880VX (and I still do for some projects), this machine works with 18 Bit D/A transfer and internal 16 Bit and I never had the impression that the sound was bad...anyway, there might be some differences and at least you are free to choose your weapons ;-)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: roland

There are no *real* 24bit audio converters.
    20 bits are 120dB dynamics, 24bits 144dB, the best converters might reach 112dB SNR, THD is even worse.

6. los vlados

los vlados Tach

roland

the thing that i want to do is to record external devices in the Roland and i will use the Analog Input but is really the same thing if the machine have 20 or 24 A/D D/A converters?because i think not or maybe am i wrong?

Diese Seite empfehlen