THEEE synth guy in Italy, Mr. Mario Maggi, is working on a digital Synth with the name of Synthex 2 (I am not sure if it’s the final name, but there are some quotes on these Forum Posts: Synthex 2 von Mario Maggi that explain a lot by Enrice Cosimi, who I met at the Synthex / Elka – Re-Issue Event in Frankfurt (Hi Enrico!) – who says they simply did not intent to have the same idea of bringing the “Synthex Name” back in 2 completely different ways, so – here’s 2 new Synths – I really hope these 2 will coexist which would be totally cool in a lot of ways, not having to deal with registered trademarks (issues)..
unclear if and which parts are analog or hybrid, so assume this is a digital synth. (so far).
- 16-voice polyphony // 8-voice upgradable version may also be produced
- with 61 notes keyboard
Physical dimension more compact than in the previous version.
Less weight. No fan (means compared to the Synthex!)
- keyboardless tabletop version (same control panel)
1 Rack Unit expander without controls, w. PC dedicated editing software
-> box desktop expander without controls, w. PC dedicated editing software (hmm I assume PC means Mac as well)
- High-quality 61 note keybed FATAR TP-8,
weighted, with key velocity, channel aftertouch
- Professional joystick, precision mechanism w. robust 5mm metal shaft.
- 800 x 480 pixel, 4.3” color display for the editing of additional parameters not available on the front panel; patch program/editing & sequences program/editing.
- whole, double, split mode (duotimbral)
- Unison Mode with variable voice quantity
- 2 oscillators per voice, a lot of available waveforms
- extended cross modulation
- Multi mode filter, with Cutoff, Resonance and a new control for filter behavior, multiple modes (more than the orig. Synthex)
- 2 Waveshapers // Post/Pre-Filter Waveshaper, div. shaping curves.
- “bigger” chorus circuit from Synthex MkI -> mod rate / amount on each separate delay line.
- 8 separate EGs per voice, 8 segment multistage type
- rates/time ctrl by Vel / AT (each)
- EGs can be used for LFO out shaping.
Wide range LFOs
- 8 LFOs per voice, Each LFO output can be shaped with EGs
- Very close to the original version but with polyphony
- easier programming/editing
- 4 polyphonic tracks
- Step by step or real time recording mode
- Sync in/out, MIDI Sync
- Independent Arpeggiators for Lower and Upper parts
- Arpeggiators works together with internal Sequencer.
- 18V DC IN for external PSU
- USB-B connection for a PC editor
- RJ45 for external expansion box (CV/Trigger/Gate)
- MIDI In, Out.
- Sync In / Out (5V)
- 2X CV In – freely routable.
- Expression Pedal 2x
- Audio Out : 4x (stereo for each split)
- Neue URL dafür ist / UPDATE preorder here: