Chaotic is a new upcoming DAW built from scratch, no big graphical elements in in, so it’s reduced to the most important arrangement features – it looks simple but..
there is a pattern structure in it – you can trigger patterns by design which is different to other DAWs, of course it might not be TR-style sequencing in here but one step into another direction.
here’s the features quoted from their site:
Universal composition arranger, utilizing keyboard input and allowing to sequence wide variety of elements — from text notes and bookmarks to instruments’ notes, automation envelopes and patterns in a single field;
- Three different pattern types: pianoroll, step sequencer and text pattern with ability to convert between types;
- Automation of any available parameter with envelopes, automation recording;
- Various effect symbols support: slide, vibrato, mute, reverse (for samples), transpose and so on;
- Autopatterns feature. Autopattern is the pattern, that you can define for any instrument to be triggered with every note of the instrument. For example, you can place some envelope into some instrument’s autopattern and easily implement sidechaining;
- Support for samples as usual instruments — basic sampler functionality integrated (looping, volume envelope, etc);
- Mixer with 32 independent channels + 3 send channels + 1 master channel;
- VST instruments and VST effects support;
- Built-in subtractive FM/RM synthesizer, 13 built-in DSP effects;
- Rendering into WAV, OGG Vorbis and FLAC formats;
- Primary use of linear sliders, instead of knobs, for adjusting various parameters;
- Lightweight and transportable installation. You can even copy the whole program directory to a flash drive and work from this flash drive on any machine you want;
- No loading time.
synths look like this..
maybe a better colour schema might work better..? here’s the track line…