u-he´s BAZILLE Patch Analysis

rofilm

The series has started: u-he´s BAZILLE modular FM synthesizer VST. Patch analysis part 1:
https://youtu.be/9HDnTH4mLHg
I´m looking forward to your comments here, or on YouTube. I´m trying to do a good job. But without your help/response it won´t work out. Thank you in advance and have a great time. Rolf (this crazy old guy from the Czech republic)
P.S.: Oh, entschuldigt. Ich sehe gerade: "Ist ja alles so schoen bunt ... ehem deutsch (sprachlich) hier." (sorry Nina!) Nachstes Mal schreib ich dann deutsch (tschechisch wurd ja sowieso keiner verstehen, manchmal tut das nichtmal mein Nachbar hahaha).

:supi:
Das einzige Negative ist die Framerate, Ossi + Co ruckeln doch stark. Vielleicht doch lieber mit Handycam auf Stativ oder so aufnehmen wenn der Rechner es nicht gleichzeitig packt?

Part 2 of the series “Analysing u-he Bazille´s patches” is online. I´m analysing the preset “AJ Analog Power”. Two interludes are included to – at least in short – talk about modulating with white noise and modulating the OSC´s FM (pitch).
https://youtu.be/Bt7CegfwSBo
P.S. Das Ruckeln ist jetzt auch weitgehend weg :)

Sieht schon viel besser so aus. Ich meine Bazille verkauft und bin jetzt mit Reaktor6 am werkeln.

Part 3 of the series “Analysing u-he Bazille´s patches” is online. It´s about the most complex patch in this series so far.
https://youtu.be/xW4dCG7nhTE

Instead of a lot of words: here is the timeline of the video:

00:00 Introduction
00:55 multi layer modulation
03:20 the individual paths of modulation
06:02 OSC 1, OSC 2, Sample and Hold
09:28 Keyfollow and Multiplex
15:03 LFO 2, Rectifier, OSC 4
17:58 LFO 2, Quantizer, Sequencer
23:39 LFO 1 and LFO 2 - rhythmical aspects
26:16 Tweak and FX page
26:45 a bit of a sound

Bazille ist schon ein ziemlich cooles VST. Habe ich damals direkt gekauft und sollte es mir vielleicht doch mal wieder näher anschauen. :)

Ja, naeher anschauen lohnt sich bestimmt. Man entdeckt immer wieder neue Sachen, neue Moeglichkeiten, je mehr man sich damit beschaefftigt. Have a good time. Rolf

Part 4 of my series analysing the patches shipped with the VST BAZILLE by u-he is online. This time I don´t only analyse the sound design, but modify the preset according to our needs.

https://youtu.be/RaieEjz7Kis

Instead of a lot of words: here is the timeline:

00:00 Intro and Content
01:09 The Preset: an Overview
01:58 The 5 single Components
03:28 OSC 1: Setting up the Rhythm,
Mapping Generators and Multiplexes
O8:30 The Mapping Generators, Modes and Sources
10:09 OSC 2: Setting up the rhythm,
14:03 OSC 3: Setting up the rhythm,
15:40 OSC 4: Setting up the rhythm,
17:10 Rhythm part 5: White Noise, Envelope 3 and Filter 3
24:09 Modifying 1: Changing the rhythm
28:43 OSC 1: The Sound
29:00 FM / PM / PD
32:43 Fractalize
33:57 OSC 1: The Individual Components of the Sound
34:48 OSC 2: The Individual Components of the Sound
36:00 OSC 3: The Individual Components of the Sound
37:10 OSC 4: The Individual Components of the Sound
38:10 Modifying 2: Changing the Individual Sounds
41:03 Some Words at the End

Enjoy watching and experimenting!
Have a great day and a good time!
Rolf

Hello everybody!

https://youtu.be/VJ_2nbKexOI

Lifetime licenses and free access to all of my future video productions can be gained until Friday 31 March 2017 therefore.
(Please visit my website http://www.rofilm-media.net/rofilm_cz_17_003.htm for details or go to the forum “the deep-sound divers´ coffee house” http://www.rofilm-media.net/frt7/viewto ... ?f=10&t=50 to learn more about the matter.)

I´d like to thank you, who have donated during the last 4 years. As a “material” way of saying “thank you” you are owners of these lifetime licenses now. You always will have free access to all of my video productions. Please contact me for details (rofilm@seznam.cz) , if you do not want to wait for my email to inform you personally.

After March 31 (2017) there won´t be any lifetime licenses on offer any more. You´ll have to donate to get access to a tutorial or to another video production of mine individually for each video and each time.

But it still will be your decision how much you donate. There won´t be a minimum amount so far. And whether or not there will ever be one depends only on you, same as it depended only on my viewers to “make it all donation ware”.

Producing a tutorial of the given quality takes me between 30 and 40 hours of work:

selecting the matter, writing the script, testing, rewriting, producing the individual clips and footage, recording the voice-over, producing animations and graphs, cut, discussing the video with my family and with friends, critics, changes, publishing.

And as long as the mere number of viewers doesn´t convince the people at the baker´s to give me some bread for free, nor any shop assistant to give my grandchildren some new shoes as a present, my choice is:

Either stop producing my tutorials at all and give more private lessons,
or
try to make it completely donation ware.

I´ve decided to try the later.

Just to avoid some misconception:
All members of the FM/PM workshop will have free access even to future parts of this workshop of course (but there won´t be new members accepted as my free service capacity has reached its limits).

And videos in the course of our project “The Sound of the Waters of the World” will always be free – for ever and for anybody.

Have a great day and a good time!

Rolf

I don't own any of the Softsynths you make tutorials for on your two YT channels.
But I enjoy watching them at times. So much to learn and you are doing it at the right tempo, great attention to detail and a very comforting voice.
Well done :supi:

rofilm schrieb:
After March 31 (2017) there won´t be any lifetime licenses on offer any more.
:) hier musste ich schmunzeln. Nichts für ungut, sicher eine gute Sache. Wollte einfach nur auf den eigentlich recht witzigen Widerspruch hinweisen der offenbar übersehen wurde.

Es is schoen, wenn jemand schmunzelt .
:)
Allerdings gibt es hier keinen widerspruch. "On offer" = im Angebot. Das heisst, dass man nach dem 31. Maerz keine lebenslang gueltigen Lizenzen mehr kaufen kann. Hab´ einen grossartigen Tag und eine gute Zeit (Ich hoffe, diesen letzten Satz habe ich gut uebersetzt. Mein Deutsch ist doch schon wieder recht eingerostet).
Rolf

darsho schrieb:
I don't own any of the Softsynths you make tutorials for on your two YT channels.
But I enjoy watching them at times. So much to learn and you are doing it at the right tempo, great attention to detail and a very comforting voice.
Well done :supi:
Thank you!

rofilm schrieb:
Allerdings gibt es hier keinen widerspruch. "On offer" = im Angebot. Das heisst, dass man nach dem 31. Maerz keine lebenslang gueltigen Lizenzen mehr kaufen kann.
stimmt, das habe ich falsch verstanden (also dass die lebenslangen Lizenzen nicht mehr gelten würden).

Dafür möchte ich mich entschuldigen. Na wenigstens gibt es wieder einen Bump für Deinen Thread, ist auch was.

Bazille Patch Analysis 5 “Acid moom – A3” is available now.

The patch
consists of a complex combination of quite different elements.
Not only sound building and sound shaping components like
fractalization,
phase modulation and frequency modulation,
phase distortion
and so on,
but also a wide spectrum of rhythmical blocks
are involved in the patch,
together with drones and sweeps and blibs
and a whole bunch of modulations, partly modulating not only the units which build or shape the sound, but also modulating each other.

Timeline
0:00:00 Introduction
0:01:03 Identify and Single Out Each Component
0:02:59 The Handling of White Noise
0:03:21 A Network of Filters Part 1
0:15:11 A Network of Filters Part 2
0:24:00 The Ramp Generators
0:31:15 A Bit of Sequencing Noise
0:33:44 From Noise to Fractalization
0:36:25 PM, PD and Fractalization
0:38:28 BAZILLE and the DX 7
0:40:56 A Bit More of FM/PM