RM5, the successor of the RM4, with a massive set of new features and a more than doubled library. Your one and only drum solution. Planned release is April 2008!
- A new Loop tool has been integrated. The Loop tool allows you to
import any loop as a raw sample and automatically slice it. Slice points can be adjusted manually if required. REX loops can now be imported. The Loop tool contains many new and innovative features making it superior to any other loop tool currently on the market. For example, the Loop tool includes:
- Intelligent automatic slicing for super-accurate results
- Manual adjustment of the number of slices, as well as the position of slice points, with or without assistance
- Each slice can be individually processed.
Slice processing capabilities include various envelopes, LFOs, a Filter and a complete Modulation Matrix
- Slice processing is non-destructive
- Six loops can be loaded simultaneously
- Each loop is fully independent and can be processed individually
- Each loop has access to an extensive effects section. Both insert and send effects are available, creating a complete mixing environment for each loop
- Editing Groups allows the simultaneous editing of multiple slices
- A new Librarian has been integrated. The Librarian is superior to any other audio browser for drum tools currently available. It features detailed search and management tools for Drum Kits, single Hits, loops and MIDI files. Existing Libraries can be imported and managed by the RMV Librarian.
- Enhanced content. The new RMV comes with the complete library of Drum Kits and single Hits found in the RM IV. In addition to this, several new Kits and a large selection of up-to-date and exciting Loops have been added. The new Kits and Loops have been produced exclusively for the RMV by some of the world's best sound designers
- New Drum Synthesizer. After several suggestions from our users, we decided to add a dedicated, universal drum synthesizer. The drum synthesizer is simple, versatile and sounds amazing! We're confident that you won't need any other drum synthesizer. The new drum synthesizer features an oscillator with a wide frequency range, multiple source waveforms, a noise oscillator with a multimode filter, and a bunch of wicked modulation possibilities!
- Improved Audio Engine. Several new features have been added to the RMV's audio engine. These include:
- Voice Limit per Hit
- Fixed position per Pad. This ensures that a Pad always has the same pan position, independent of the Kit or Kit type that is currently loaded. This means that a sound's pan position remains constant whether it's part of an RM IV Kit, an RMV Kit, or any of the supported import formats. Sounds are panned where you expect them and so that they maintain a 1:1 match with your hardware controller (this feature supports any Akai MPD or MAudio Trigger controller).
- Parameter Readout upon mouse-over
- Adjustable Envelope shape
- Many improvements in the dedicated drum
synth modules (clap, kick, snare, etc.)
- The Modulation matrix has been extended so that it now has 12 slots. It also contains several new modulation possibilities
- Modulation in the Matrix can now be"one-shot" or continuous. In the case of "one-shot" modulation, a modulator's current value is captured as a "snapshot" when a sound is triggered. Alternatively, a modulator's value can be used to continuously modulate a sound.
- Each Hit and each Slice now have 3 individual LFOs
- Envelopes can now be used in Normal Mode, One-Shot Mode or Loop Mode
- The RMV can now automatically switch between the currently selected Pad and the Pad that is currently playing. This means that the current Pad can be selected by playing an external MIDI device. This makes editing Kits or Loops much faster. Of course, this feature can be switched off when it is not needed.
- MIDI Mapper. A new, "intelligent" MIDI Mapper ensures that MIDI files are played back correctly even when the Kit used to play them does not exactly match the contents of the MIDI file. The Mapper ensures that the closest matching sound in the current Kit is used to play back the MIDI messages. For example, if a specific HiHat sound is not in the current Kit, the Mapper selects the next-best HiHat sound from the kit.
- Kit size has been increased. The size of an RMV Kit has been increased to 48 Pads. The 48 Pads are arranged into 3 groups of 16 so as to match current hardware controllers. Because the 48 Pads are arranged into 3 groups of 16 it also means that there won't be a large number of unused Pads when you work with small Kits.
- Extensive Effects section. The RMV features 3 insert effects for each pad or slice, and three send effects. The available effects include Delays, Reverbs, WahWah, Distortion and Filter, Equalizer, Compressors, Flanger and Phaser..