UPDATED – last: 25.1. 19:30 (also updated most of these posts:)
most important things from NAMM in one – OVERVIEW
– die wichtigsten Sachen von der NAMM
- Waldorf Wavetable Module (Eurorack), Attack App, Nave Plugin
- Moog Modular limited edition System 15-55 – Minimoog? coming?
- Roland JD Xi + JD Xa – analog + digital crossover synths + TR sequencer inside!
- Korg MS20M with FM, Sync, PWM and flat desktop design + SQ1 sequencer (-> SynthDB Korg MS20M Analog Synthesizer)
- Sequential Prophet 6 (yes it is labelled Sequential, not Dave Smith who is still the distributor) + DSI Modules (Character and OSCs, Filters) -> Eurorack
- Korg Odyssey – 3x “Karp” – 3 filter modi, drive & portamento switch -> 3/4 the size or original.
- Tom Oberheim goes Modular SEM and Phaser Modules (Eurorack)
- Arturia Audiointerface
+ Beatstep Pro – 4 CV/ 10 Gate Sequencer
- Vermona “14″ Analog MonoSynth
- MIDI HD – the new standard for MIDI
- Koma modules “Poltergeist” / Komplex Sequencer 7U
- Make Noise+ Hex Inverter – Modules
- Radikal (the Spectralis Guy) Module (dual filter, eurorack)
- Doepfer Module / Trigger Sequencer
- Casio XW PD1 FX Groovebox / FX machine
- Jomox Rackonizer (Eurorack)
- Verbos did a cool Touch-Keyboard and Filter is ready – in one box it all looks like very “on stage”
- Akai Timbre Wolf 4voice analog synth + Tom Cat Drummachine + the Wombat fake
- Logic 10.1 – update
- Casio CZ App
- Roland Aira MX – interesting Mix concept for automation of everything / FX.
- Roland Promars Plugout for System 1
- 303style expanded sequencer Social Entropy
- Expert Sleepers USB Host for Controllers controls Sequencer, generates CV, polyphonic CV + Usamo stable timing to MIDI output
- Nord Electro 5
- the evil has landed:
Die Musotalk-Livesendung zur NAMM
(german talk about NAMM)
-Wir sprechen über die NAMM Neuheiten Teil 2:
Teil 1 – ohne mich aber wird vollständiger dadurch:
*Musotalk kommt normalerweise 12:00 Donnerstags live mit Chat
• Forum: Tops Flops – NAMM 2015
• Forum: Nach der NAMM: wer kauft nun was genau?
furthermore / und weiter gab es noch:
- Novation Launchpad Pro – Multicolour Launchpad -> Video – sort of Push Mini
- Elektron Overbridge (video) – integrates all audio and MIDI, sync to any Elektron Machine – use analog filters etc as plugin on a DAW – quite a bit like Roland MX but with Software FOR analog devices
- Moog Sub37 Update (12min video) in Feb.: Mod Parameters can be set by “touching” them instead of searching it in the menu! Sequencer updated: step seen at LED running through button LEDs, quick Sequence Select, Rotation, Swing, LFO Swing, Seq back&forth etc. as well, CV to MIDI / CV to Trigger, instant-rec-play (live sequencing)
- “Free” Pro Tools called Pro Tools | First (<– video) – what could be in and what might not be in? CDM found out:
“16 mono or stereo audio tracks16 Instrument Tracks16 MIDI tracks4 simultaneous audio inputs, maxNo videoOffline bounce, but limited export/interchange apart from audio bounceLoop recording, but many of the advanced edit tools are missing, including punch and automationMore restricted instrument/effect suite, though you still get the Xpand!2 instrument and some effects”-> But – you are in the cloud and can only save some songs in the cloud – after that you need to buy things – so in fact it is a demo, not free!
- Keith McMillen K-Mix Audio-Interface (USB) PDF/Info and Mixer / Controller (known from Qunexus etc) with 8ins/8outs with cool 3D Controllers for multichannel routing (!) -> Forum & Video K-Mix
- nice images: Modules Modules Modules
- Omnisphere 2 is out.
- Yamaha AN1X App & their future..
- Teenage Engineering Pocket Operator (2x) – mentioned before NAMM – final Design looks like this.
- Morphing Sounds – Morph by Prosoniq now @Zynaptic -rottened Rottweiler becoming a Borg
Post NAMM Info:
What ppl clicked most: Roland & Waldorfs “Navetable”-Synth – stats from sun 25th.Jan 2015: 19:10 euro time. First 2 items a lot more than others. I wonder why the Prophet 6 isn’t amongst the first 6 (yet?) – maybe because it was announced later then others?